Nerd Herd has moved
Nerd Herd has moved!
We're now located at http://nerdherd.blogsome.com. A basic archive of the old site content is available, comments are viewable but new ones are disabled.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Firefox tweak!

Wow! I was browsing blogger, and following links from blog to blog - Matt's blog, Phani Kumar's blog, and I found the Zen PC blog. I was just reading through all of the posts because they were really interesting (M-Cat certainly knows his stuff) and I found this amazing tweak for firefox. If you change certain values in the configuration of firefox then it works much faster and pages download quicker especially when using multiple tabs. This is what you do:

Open Firefox, and write 'about:config' in the address bar. Find and modify each of these attributes so they have these values:
  • network.http.max-connections: 48
  • network.http.max-connections-per-server: 24
  • network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy: 12
  • network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server: 6
  • network.http.pipelining: true
  • network.http.pipelining.maxrequests: 32
  • network.http.proxy.pipelining: true

And you're done! The difference is really noticeable. Thank you M-Cat!

Edit - Flix says that it does not take much effect on dial up.