Nerd Herd has moved
Nerd Herd has moved!
We're now located at http://nerdherd.blogsome.com. A basic archive of the old site content is available, comments are viewable but new ones are disabled.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

DVD News!

Hi,
well as you probably know, the dvd project file got lost. I don't know what happened to it, it was there one minute and gone the next. I think i must have accidentaly deleted it while freeing up some disk space. So I spent about an hour this morning re-making it. It didn't take long. So once I had finished I put in a blank disc and pressed burn. Only then did I realise that the DVD program was not compatible with DVD+R only -R type! So I went off to PC world and got some -R's. They work and it is now burning a DVD. I only got five coz they are mega expensive in PC World compared to XL Shop which is where I got the DVD+Rs. In pc world they are more than a pound each, on the internet they are a bit less than fifty pence each! So I will order 10 more of XL so there will be a slight delay. So on Monday it will be first come first sirve, since we only have five at the moment, with priority going to pre-order people! If the rest come on Tuesday then we will be able to sell more before the end of the term but if they come on my birthday then it is going to be after half term. :(.

We also have to get one tested on a DVD player before we start selling them because we are not sure whether all the movie will be in PAL or not. We think some of it may be in NTSC because when we made the original movies they were in NTSC rather than PAL. We are just hoping that the DVD program will re-format it so it will display properly.